Important: This news article covers an old version of Javalin (v1.4.1). The current version is v6.1.3.
See the documentation page for up-to-date information.


1.4.0 attempted to fix some bugs, and introduced new bugs in the process (as is tradition). Hopefully the bugfixes in 1.4.1 will prove less buggy.


Redirects were broken in certain cases by the 1.4.0 release. We switched away from HttpServletRequest#sendRedirect() to handling them manually, but we didn’t halt execution.
This resulted in 404’s for redirects from before-filters in certain cases. This should be fixed now.

Query-params and reading request body

1.4.0 introduced lazy caching of the request body. This resulted in some bugs when using Context#queryParam (which uses HttpServletRequest#getParameter), which caused the body to be drained before it could be cached. Query-params are now parsed from HttpServletRequest#getQueryString, which should be a better solution all around.


  • Kotlin has been bumped to 1.2.30